October 19, 2012

no more shade, lots of yard work

Our trees have been giving us limbs, large limbs, for a while now
and we finally bit the bullet and took them down.
 It was a sad day.  And afterwards are yard looked depressed and our house was exposed to the sun
and I didn't like it one bit.  
 We saved some for firewood and even gave some to our neighbors. 
 Neighbors even wanted our mulch/saw dust, so they came by the truck load to haul it off. 
We had the tree crew saw off slices of the trunk so my hubby could make tables for our porches. 
Can't wait to see those finished. 
Major landscaping was now needed which meant a lot of manual yard labor for my hubby. 
I got to do the easy part and pick out our new trees.  Kind of hard for a pregnant lady to dig large holes for trees, or at least that is my excuse.   
The weather has been gorgeous!  Windows are open, fresh air blowing through the house and the smell of pumpkin candles burning.  Love it. 
Photobucket

No comments: